SOLD! Spectacular 4-Acre Lakefront Estate with Magnificent 13,000+ sf Residence
Ended: 04/11/19 at 3:00 PM CST
At the center of this gated estate is one of Kansas City’s finest homes. Timeless Neoclassical architecture is perfectly at home among the fine English gardens. The 4-acre lakeside setting is replete with private trails, pool, waterfall, and tennis court. Inside, imported fixtures and exquisite design blend into marvelous spaces that elevate both living and entertaining.
20 E. Dundee Circle, Village of Loch Lloyd, MO 64012
- Designed by Wolfgang Trost Architects. Built by Roth Construction and Ambassador Construction
- Predominant influences are Neo-Classical and Early Classical Revival
- Distinctive Coffeeville Paver brick with cut stone trim, quoins, banding and lintels
- Concrete tile roof embellished with copper sections, gutters, and downspouts
- Ornate brick chimneys with terra cotta tops and cut stone coursing
- Front/East Elevation Highlights:
- Center portico – stately pediment with dentil moldings rests on cast stone ionic columns
- Windows and doors feature cut stone sills and keystones in brick arches
- Circle drive of concrete pavers in starburst/compass pattern with center planting beds/fountain
- Rear/West Elevation Highlights:
- Centered on handsome 2-story triple arches with cast stone Doric columns
- Striking classic Palladian window with cut stone trim
- Wrought iron railings and stacked stone walls define porches, terraces, patios and galleries
- Elegant 2-story entry with grand mirror staircases, lake views, and striking leaded glass ceiling anchoring a stunning 10-foot chandelier imported from France.
- Magnificent great room with barrel-vaulted ceiling, dramatic 2-story fireplace, bar and massive Palladian window overlooking lake
- Stately formal dining with two dazzling French-imported chandeliers, leaded glass transoms, butler pantry, and space to seat 14+
- Opulent closet wing addition (530 sf) and luxurious master bath renovation (2008 – plans available)
- Remarkable round lakeside master bedroom with “Georgio Collection” Italian bed and nightstands on rotating platform (http://www.giorgiocollection.it)
- Rich executive office suite with meeting/entertaining space, hidden kitchen features, humidor, fireplace, spa and workout facilities, lake access
- Bespoke wood paneled library with handsome fireplace, inlaid wood floor, leaded glass windows, and private study
- Professional-style kitchen with rich cabinetry, hearth room, breakfast room, 4-season porch, and full office. (Most appliances replaced 11/2016)
- Amazing casual lower level entertaining spaces with billiards, booths, sunken bar, massive river rock 2-sided fireplace, and media
- Six expansive main house bedroom suites with built-in desks, storage, etc.
- Lighting fixtures imported from Sweden, Egypt, France, and Italy
- Sinks and faucet hardware by Kohler “Artist Editions”
- Heated floors throughout
- Master wing spiral staircase built for conversion to elevator
- Additional rooms include nursery/play, homework, gaming, wrapping, storage, hobby and others
- Custom-designed lighting system upgraded in 2019
- 1BR/1BA apartment (760 sf) for staff or long-term guests with dedicated outside and garage entrances
- Marvelous options and spaces for entertaining on a grand scale or hosting intimate gatherings
- Numerous patios, terraces, loggias, for outdoor living and entertaining
- Private outdoor amenities include heated swimming pool with diving well and waterfall feature to wading pool, tennis/basketball court, lakeside trails
- Loch Lloyd country club amenities including Tom Watson Signature Design golf course named by Golf Digest as one of the top five new courses in the country
- Private 4-acre wooded lakefront estate (adjoining lot also available for bidding)
- Brick and iron perimeter walls with wrought iron gates
- Lavish landscaping with English gardens featuring espaliered ivy wall, trellises, arbors, lush beds, and lakeside sculpture
- REGISTER FOR A TOUR
- Online bidding open. Bidding approval requires proof of funds. Contact auction company.
- Bidding closes Thursday, April 11th
- Auction listing agent: Ray Bucklew | 816-695-2163 | Ray@CatesAuction.com
- Auction company: Cates Auction & Realty Co, Inc. | 816-781-1134 | Sold@CatesAuction.com
- Acres: 4 (adjoining lot also available for bidding)
- Floors: 3
- Bedrooms: 7 (6 main + apartment)
- Bathrooms: 8 full; 3 half
- Fireplaces: 5 (7 hearths)
- Offices: 3 (kitchen, library, lower level suite)
- Garages: 5
- Laundry Rooms: 2
- Pools: 2 (Primary and wading)
- Tennis/Basketball Courts: 1 (resurfaced 2015)
- Square feet: Approximately 13,500
- Kitchens: 2 full (main + apartment)
- Staircases: 4 (entry, spiral in bedroom wing, kitchen wing, apartment)
- Year built: 1993
- 2018 taxes: 40,274
- Home warranty: 1-year
- MAIN FLOOR (approx. 6,000 sq. ft.) — Entry, dining with full butler pantry, master wing, great room, library with private study, kitchen with hearth room & breakfast room, enclosed porch, office, laundry, “Egyptian” bath, pool half bath, indoor and outdoor galleries
- UPPER LEVEL (approx. 3,500 sq. ft.) – Four large bedroom suites, nursery, play room, gaming room, laundry, apartment
- LOWER LEVEL (approx. 4,000 sq. ft.) – Executive office suite, exercise room with sauna and bath, billiards room, family room w/bar & media, bedroom suite, full pool bath, wrapping room, numerous storage & maintenance rooms, indoor and outdoor galleries
Note: The adjacent Lot 16 (30 E. Dundee Circle) is also available for bidding. It is approximately .68 acres and shares the east property line. It was acquired by this estate to complete ownership of the land surrounding the cul-de-sac. The previous home has been removed. It is being offered separately.
“ONLINE ONLY” REAL ESTATE BIDDING
AUCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All bidders must provide name, address, phone number, email address and credit card (MC, Visa, Discover) to register. The credit card will be validated, but is not a recognized form of payment of the deposit or purchase price. A Proof of Funds letter must be submitted for approval before bidding access will be granted. A sample Proof of Funds letter is available for download from the Documents tab for this auction. Should a Winning Bidder fail to complete the contract signing process, the required deposit will be charged to the credit card provided at registration. By registering, all bidders acknowledge having read and agree to be bound by the Auction Terms and Conditions. Bidders may register prior to, or during the bidding period. At registration bidders are given the option of receiving emails confirming their individual bids and/or when they are outbid.
All bidding in this auction is being conducted online. (If you need assistance placing a bid or prefer to submit a bid in person, please call our office for assistance. 816-781-1134) To place a bid, bidders enter their “maximum” bid and click the “Place Bid” button. Each time that bidder is outbid by another bidder, the system will automatically bid on their behalf at the established bid increments up to their maximum. In the case of an auction with a reserve, if the max bid amount entered is less than the reserve, the system will place the bid at the max amount. Once the system displays that the reserve has been met, then it will advance the bid (by the bid increments) only when the bidder is outbid by another bidder, up to the bidders max. The Auctioneer does not know any bidder’s maximum bid. The system will not advance a bidder’s own bid. Online-only auctions utilize the “Soft Close” feature that automatically extends the bidding time if a bid is received in the last 2 minutes of the published bidding period. The extensions will continue until 2 minutes have lapsed without any bidding activity, at which time the auction is concluded.
A buyer’s premium of ten percent (10%) of the high bid shall be added to that bid and included in the total purchase price to be paid by the successful bidder(s).
Sample calculation — High bid = $50,000
Buyer’s Premium = $ 5,000 (10% of 50,000)
Total purchase price = $55,000
Financing is not a contingency of sale in this offering. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that potential bidders ensure in advance that they are able to obtain the necessary financing to close the transaction.
At the conclusion of the auction the Winning Bidder will receive an email and/or phone call confirming his or her winning bid status. In this or a subsequent email the Winning Bidder will receive a link to sign all documents electronically along with wiring instructions for submitting the required earnest money deposit to the named title company. Should the electronic processes described above be unavailable, alternative arrangements will be made. In any event, the contract signing and deposit payment process must be completed by close of business on auction day. A Winning Bidder whose documents and deposit are not received within the required time frame is subject to paying a liquidated damages amount equal to the down payment (charged to the credit card used at registration) and will not be allowed to bid in any future Cates Auction & Realty auction events. Note that property-specific purchase documents are available prior to the auction end date and any professional reviews of such documents should be undertaken PRIOR to bidding. All final bids are subject to Seller’s reserve, unless advertised otherwise. Any property with a high bid exceeding the Seller’s reserve will be declared “sold” by the Auctioneer. In instances where the seller’s reserve was not met in the auction, the signed contract and accompanying deposit will be presented to the Seller for approval, which shall be given or denied in the Seller’s sole discretion within 5 business days. If approval is denied, all documents and the deposit will be returned immediately.
DOWN PAYMENT (DEPOSIT):
The Winning Bidder shall be required to make an earnest money down payment equal to five percent (5%) of the total purchase price. This deposit must be received by wire transfer (or by certified funds), by close of business auction day. Winning Bidders whose documents and deposit are not received within the required timeframe are subject to paying a liquidated damages amount equal to the down payment (charged to the credit card used at registration) and will not be allowed to bid in any future Cates Auction & Realty auction events.
The Winning Bidder shall close within 45 days of the auction date, unless stated differently in the Purchase Agreement.
EVIDENCE OF TITLE:
Seller shall furnish at seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the total purchase price and shall execute a general warranty deed conveying the real estate to the buyer(s).
REAL ESTATE TAXES & ASSESSMENTS:
2019 taxes are to be prorated as of the closing date.
EASEMENTS AND LEASES:
Sale of said property is subject to any and all easements of record and any and all leases.
Cates Auction & Realty Co., Inc. and its representatives are Exclusive Agents of the Seller.
A commission of 3% of the high bid (unless a different percentage is stated in the property’s MLS listing) will be paid to any properly licensed Broker who registers a successful buyer according to the appropriate Broker Participation Agreement. This form is available from the Auction Company and must be completed and returned no later than 48 hours prior to the auction end date.
DISCLAIMERS AND ABSENCE OF WARRANTIES:
The information in the auction advertising was obtained from sources believed to be accurate, but is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. All sketches and dimensions are approximate. No liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the auction company. All bidders are responsible for conducting their own inspections, investigations, inquiries and due diligence concerning the property. The property is being offered on an “AS IS”, “WHERE IS” basis and no warranty or representations, expressed or implied, is made by the Seller or the auction company. All information contained in the advertising and all related materials are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the purchase agreement. The Auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of the Seller up to, but not beyond the Seller’s reserve (if applicable). This property is available for and subject to sale prior to auction.
As exclusive agents for the Seller, the Auctioneer has a fiduciary obligation to present any and all offers to the Seller. Therefore, all properties are subject to pre-auction sales. Pre-auction offers must meet all auction terms and be submitted to the Auctioneer on the Real Estate Sale Contract along with the required deposit. Properly submitted offers will be presented to the Seller, who may accept or reject such offer in their sole and absolute discretion.
Video: Spectacular 4-Acre Lakefront Estate
Holmes Rd. to Loch Lloyd Parkway (gated entrance), west to S. Highland Ridge Dr., west to Dundee Circle, north to address at back of traffic circle.