Ended: 11/12/18 at 8:00 PM CDT
Ended: 11/13/18 at 7:00 PM CST
Location: Liberty, MO 64068
Clean and organized estate auction featuring tools, furniture, décor, signed Chiefs memorabilia, and more!
Two Upholstered Swivel Rockers
Octagon End Table
Hexagon End Table
Square End Table
Black Vinyl Sofa
Newer Oak Sofa Table
Three Ceramic Pots with Faux Plants
Oak Rectangular Clock
Wooden Duck Decoy with Brass Bill
Two Matching Brass Lamps
Sunburst Type Mirror
Three Vases and Ginger Jar
Two Marble Look Elephant Book Ends
Blue and Clear Whale
Three Nice Pictures
Small J. R. Hamill Scout Print and More
Oak Entertainment Center
Nice Oak Hutch
Oak Wall Cupboard
Very Nice Gold Mirror
Large Group of Placemats and Pot Holders
Sony Disc Player and Bar Antenna
Baskets and Boxes
Nice Pewter Candle Sticks and Tea Pot
Group of Glassware
Orange Frankoma Gravy or Sauce Bowl
Group of Brass
Group of Household Decor
Large Group of Tile Hot Plates, and More
Large Group of Vases and Glass Pebbles
Group of Clear Glassware
Group of Crystal Bowls, and Candle Holders
Clear Crystal Candle Holder
Very Nice Decanter and 6 Stems
Gold Diamond Point Cake Stand
Three Piece White Canister Set
Group of Wood Decor
Group of Cutting Boards and Chopping Blocks
Salad Master and Graters and More
Two Nice Clear Glass Pitchers
Group of Tea Towels and Wash Cloths
Group of Nice Utensils
KC Chiefs Silverware and Utensils
Corning Ware and Baking Dishes
Cruets and Salt and Peppers
Group of White Pottery Cups, Teapot and More
Group of Nice Stainless Steel
Group of Kitchen Appliances
Three Dark Blue Vintage Enamel Roasting Pans
Very Large Group of Tupperware and Plastic
Large Group of Glasses and Mugs
Group of Office Supplies and Tools
Group of Pans
Group of Utensil Trays and More
Group of Nice Utensils
Nice Farberware Wok
Group of Pottery
Bright Orange Decor
Black Cast Iron Grill
Group of Miscellaneous
Very Nice 6 Drawer Dresser
Nice 6 Drawer Chest of Drawers
Two Nice Night Stands
Black Iron Headboard
Queen Anne Side Chair
Very Large Group of DVD’s
Group of Assorted Picture Frames
Large Group of VHS Tapes
Group of Wrapping Paper, Gift Bags & Ribbon
Large Group of Plastic Tubs and Lids
Group of Throws, Bags and Back Pack
Large Group of Brass Candlesticks
Set of Three Gold Odd Shaped Mirrors
Two Brass Lamps
Two Vases and Bowl
Two Large Cream Colored Jars
Gold Dish with Decorative Balls
Group of Nice Curtains, and Sheets
Weights, Mats, and Lots of Sacks
Four Bottles of Exclamation! Cologne
Nice Mountain Scene Picture
Group of Rugs, Ironing Board, Iron and More
Vaporizer, Travel Cooler, Foil Pans, and More
Large Group of Light Bulbs
Group of Curling Irons and Bathroom Stuff
Two Nice Pair of Sterling Silver Earrings
5 Nice Blue Necklaces
5 Nice Necklaces
Group of Puka Beads and Shell Beads
Large Group of Black and White Beads
Group of Necklaces
Group of Necklaces
Three Nice Necklaces
Group of Costume Jewelry
Vintage Vase and Compact
Two Signed Chiefs Football Cards
George Brett Hall of Fame Induction Day
4 Signed Kansas City Chiefs 8×10 Posters
4 Signed Kansas City Chiefs 8×10 Posters
4 Signed Kansas City Chiefs 8×10 Posters
5 Signed Kansas City Chiefs 8×10 Posters
Large KU Basketball Poster & Schedule
Skil Hammer Drill Craftsman Soldering Gun and More
Battery Charger and Drill
Black & Decker Hand Sander & Craftsman Polisher
Black & Decker Laser Level
Black & Decker Air Station Inflator/Compressor
Nuts, Bolts, Hardware and Containers
Black& Decker Mouse Sander
Craftsman 3.6v Brite Driver
Black & Decker Rotary Tool
Craftsman 3/8 Inch Cordless Drill
Test Rite Ratchet Socket Set
Black & Decker 7 1/4″ Saw & Mitermate
Weed Eater Blower Vac & Hedge Trimmer
Black & Decker 18v Trimmer
7.5 Foot Artificial Christmas Tree & Garland
Christmas Ornaments, Decor, and Wrapping
Keller Wood Ladder, Aluminum Step Ladder and More
Brooms, Dust Pans and Mop
Car Accessories, Fluids and Tow Chain
Creeper, Car Jack and Drip Pan
Golf Clubs, Camp Chairs and Fly Rod & Reel
Power Extension Cords
Chiefs Flag and Red Umbrella
Clamp Light and Three Fans
Hummingbird Feeders and Deer Thermometer
Gardening Tools and More
Lawn & Gardening Chemicals and Paint
Painting Supplies, Sealant, Tarps and More
Ellinwood Eagles Seat Cushions & More
Puddletons Rain Boots
Black & Decker 12v Dustbuster
KU & Wilson Basketballs and Net
Household Cleaning Items
Switch Plates, Extension Cords and Plug Bar
Coleman Lantern and Other Lighting
Group of Batteries
Phones, Cable and More
Tape, Shims and More
Plastic Freezing Drink Mugs
Assorted Tools and Handy Things
Assorted Tools and Handy Things
Pet Carrier Petmate Taxi
Two Assorted Pieces of Plexi Glass
Taupe Love Seat
Ashley Wood & Laminate Round Dining Table
Ashley Dining Chairs
Two Media Carts
Floor Lamp and Home Decor
Wooden Coffee Table
Matchbox Style Cards and Toys
Puzzles and Games
Fireplace Tools and Matches
Small Wooden Stool
Wooden Rocking Chair& Needlepoint Pillow
Wooden Coat Rack/Umbrella Stand
Large Group of Books
Children’s and Young Adult Books
Sony CD Player and Magnavox Stereo
Pair of J C Penney Speakers
1970’s Basketball Trophies and More
Wheel Barrow and Seeder
Rakes and Other Yard Tools
Large Plastic Planters and Clay Pots
Ceramic and Plastic Pots & Decor
Shepherd’s Hooks and Trellis
Metal Plant Stands
Tomato Cages and Lawn and Garden Stuff
Four Plastic Outdoor Table/Stools
Four Patio Chairs
Three Patio Tables
Blue Outdoor Metal Plant Shelf
Patio Table, Umbrella and 4 Chairs
Nice Outdoor Rug & Chiefs Mat
Sealy Posturepedic Bed and Wood Headboard
White Painted Wood & Glass Cabinet
Pair of Pressed Glass Lamps
Three Glass Table Lamps
Fieldcrest Queen Size Comforter and More
Glue Gun, Craft Paint, and Brushes
Fabric, Batting, and Sewing Trim
Fine Napkins and Tablecloths
Good Group of Candles
Shelf Contact Paper Assortment
Kenmore & Honeywell Hepa Air Filters & Heater
Home Decor Group
Assorted Picture Frames
High Chair and Pet Gate
Walker and Two Canes
Yarn and Thread- Some Red Heart and Lion Brand
Forever Flowers and Wreaths
Large Group of Office Supplies
Skyway and American Luggage
Wooden Chest of Drawers
Three Rolling Carts
Two Wooden File Cabinets
Encore Wooden Shelf Cart
Two Office Chairs
Two Office Mats
Two Sleeping Bags
Large Group of Home Decor
Black Folding Table
Nikon Cool Pix Camera
Hatchet Multi Tool
Travel Containers, Ponchos, AC Adapters & More
Brother Typewriter, Linskys Router & More
Towels and Blankets
THIS IS AN ONLINE ONLY AUCTION!
AUCTION CLOSING DATE: Monday, Nov. 12, 2018 beginning at 8:00 p.m. Bidding closes the first item at 8:00 p.m. CDT then closes 6 items per minute thereafter to the last item in catalog order.
ITEM PICK UP: Tuesday, Nov. 13, 2018; 12:00p.m.-7:00p.m.
Terms and Conditions of Sale
For any questions regarding this auction, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These are the Terms and Conditions of Sale for this online auction. They consist of this introduction and twenty-seven (27) numbered paragraphs that outline the relationship between you (“the Bidder”) and Cates Auction & Realty Co., Inc. (“the Auctioneer”). Throughout these Terms and Conditions, the terms “auctioneer,” “we,” “us,” and “our” will refer to the Auctioneer, and the terms “you” and “your” will refer to the Bidder.
If you want to bid in this online auction, you will first have to read these Terms and Conditions. And by placing a bid, you agree that you have read the Terms and Conditions and understand the terms are binding on both you and on the Auctioneer, and all parties will be expected to abide by the Terms and Conditions if any issues arise in connection with this sale. If guns are offered for sale in the auction, please note that per Federal regulation you must be over the age of 18 to bid on guns. Your paid sales receipt and a valid State issued photo ID verifying your age will be required for pick up
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully! They contain important information about the online auction itself and your rights and responsibilities as a bidder.
1. Registration: To gain access to this online auction, you will need to register and create a user name and password. You must be eighteen years old or older to register. You agree that all information that you provide during the registration process will be true and accurate. You will be banned from participation in the Auctioneer’s auctions indefinitely should you provide any false information during the registration process.
2. Credit Card: In order for the Auctioneer to process your winning bid, we must have a working Visa, MasterCard or Discover associated with your account with sufficient funds available to cover your purchases.
3. Bidder’s Duty to Update Information: Whether you are a new or returning bidder, you agree that if any of the information associated with your bidder number – including contact information and credit card information – changes at any time prior to, during, or after this sale, you will notify the Auctioneer of the change by updating your bidder profile.
4. Conduct of Sale: All bids, and credits in this sale will be made in United States Dollars. You agree not to use any hardware, software, program, or system that would interfere with the orderly conduct of this sale. You further agree not to copy, reproduce, or publically display any content from the Auctioneer’s website without first obtaining written permission from the Auctioneer.
5. Bidder’s Duty to Investigate: You are bidding based on the description and photos provided. Carefully inspect the description and photos for condition and finish. If you are not certain of the condition, completeness or suitability of a given item, please bid accordingly
- Photographs and Descriptions: The Auctioneer regularly posts item descriptions and photographs to aid bidders in the bidding process, and we make every effort to ensure that the descriptions and photographs that we post accurately represent the items being offered for sale. In some photographs, multiple items may appear to be joined as a single unit, however you should not assume that a lot consists of more than one item simply because various items appear connected or are featured in the same photograph. Also understand that, on occasion, the wrong photograph may be displayed for a given item. At all times, you are bidding on items as they are described on this website, not as they appear in any photograph.
- Bid Wisely: We want everyone to be pleased with their purchases and most will. However, when you bid on the wrong item or decide an item is not suited for your intended use, our clients will not assume the cost of your mistakes. You agree that your failure to become fully informed about the items offered for sale in this auction will not be grounds for a refusal to pay amounts due to the Auctioneer nor for any claim against the Auctioneer.
6. WARRANTY AND CONDITION OF ITEMS SOLD: ALL LOTS AND ITEMS ARE SOLD AS IS, WHERE IS, WITH ALL FAULTS, AND WITH NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. NO ACTION TAKEN BY THE AUCTIONEER OR ITS AGENTS IS INTENDED TO CREATE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY AS TO ANY LOT OR ITEM IN THIS SALE. THE AUCTIONEER SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, CONFORMITY WITH ENVIRONMENTAL LAWS OR REQUIREMENTS, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, TITLE, OR ANY OTHER WARRANTY. IT IS BELIEVED THAT ALL DESCRIPTIONS ARE ACCURATE DESCRIPTIONS ARE NOT GUARANTEED.
7. When You Have Been Outbid: If you are outbid during the course of this auction, you will be notified by email, if you have chosen this option when you registered. You can see if you are high bidder at any time using the “Watch List” feature; items which you have put on the Watch List will show the bidder name of the high bidder.
8. Reporting Bidding Errors: You should carefully review every bid you choose to make before submitting that bid. The Auctioneer will not automatically assume that any bid, even a bid that increases your own lower bid, was made in error. If you mistakenly increase your own bid at any time during the auction, or make some other bidding error (e.g. placing your bidder number in the price field), you must immediately contact the Auctioneer by email at email@example.com. Reports of bidding errors must be made via e-mail; phone reports will not be accommodated.
9. Timeliness of Bidding Error Reports: If you make a bidding error during this auction, you must identify and report the error before the auction begins to close. The Auctioneer will not undo bidding errors reported after the auction has begun to close.
10. Bidder’s Duty to Report Fraud: You are responsible for all bids made from your account. If you believe that an unauthorized person has gained access to your account, you must notify the Auctioneer immediately by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must also report the incident to the relevant law enforcement authorities and send the Auctioneer a copy of any resulting police report. You understand and agree that if you do not promptly report any suspected fraud to the Auctioneer and to the relevant law enforcement authorities, you will be held personally responsible for all purchases made using your account and bidder number.
11. Changes in Circumstance: All aspects of this auction are subject to change without notice. The Auctioneer reserves the right to, at any time: (1) add or remove items from the auction, (2) split or combine lots, (3) add minimum bids or reserve prices, (4) cancel, suspend, extend or reschedule the sale of an individual item, lot, auction, and/or auction event, (5) make changes to the auction’s closing, inspection, or removal times, or (6) take any other action the Auctioneer deems necessary to effect the fair conduct of this sale or protection of buyers’, sellers’, or other parties’ interests. In the event a seller withdraws an item from this auction prior to the close of the auction, the Auctioneer may leave the item on the catalog and buy the item back on behalf of the seller to establish the Auctioneer’s earned commission and the buyer’s premium due to the Auctioneer from the seller.
12. Closing: the Auctioneer’s online auctions are designed to mimic traditional “live” actions. For this reason, this auction will have a staggered, dynamic closing.
- Staggered Closing: This online auction will automatically begin to close at a rate of 5 items per minute, every minute. Items’ closing times may be extended past their scheduled closing time, however, as a result of the Auctioneer’s dynamic closing feature.
- Dynamic Closing: The closing time of an item is automatically extended an additional 2 minutes whenever a bid is placed within the 2 minutes leading up to an item’s scheduled closing time.
13. Winning Bids: If you place a bid in this sale, and your bid is determined to be the winning bid, you become obligated to pay for the item(s) that you have won at the price you gave as your bid.
- Notification: If you end up placing one or more winning bids in this auction, the Auctioneer will contact you by e-mail to let you know which items you have won. This e-mail notification will be the only contact you receive from the Auctioneer about your winning bids; this means that you are responsible for checking your e-mail following the close of the auction to determine what items you have won. If you do not receive an e-mail identifying you as a winning bidder, it is because the Auctioneer has no record of your having placed a winning bid.
- Bid Inquiries: If you believe that you placed a winning bid, but do not receive an e-mail, you must notify the Auctioneer by sending an e-mail to email@example.com explaining your situation by 9:00am on the day after of the auction has closed. You agree that the Auctioneer will be the sole authority regarding the identification of winning bids.
14. Payment: At the conclusion of this auction, the credit card associated with your account will be automatically charged for the full price of your purchases. For this reason, it is imperative that you provide the Auctioneer with a credit card that has sufficient credit available to pay for all of your purchases at the moment the auction closes!
- Suspension: You understand and agree that if, at the end of this auction, the Auctioneer is twice unable to charge your credit card for the entire amount of your purchases, the Auctioneer will suspend your online bidding privileges indefinitely.
- Chargebacks Prohibited: You agree that you will accept all charges placed on the credit card associated with your account, and you agree that you will not charge back any amount that the Auctioneer charges to your credit card. You agree that this provision applies equally to amounts charged in connection with any items you have won and any costs or fees discussed in Paragraphs 16-18 of these Terms and Conditions.
15. Buyer’s Premium: A 10% buyer’s premium is added to every purchase. This means that if your winning bids add up to $100, you will be charged $110 at checkout.
16. Default and Resale: You agree that if, after being declared the winning bidder, you fail to pay for any item that you have won for any reason, your account will be declared in default. If you still refuse to pay for any item after being notified of your account’s being in default, you agree that the Auctioneer will have the right to immediately resell your item, and you further agree to pay (1) any cost associated with the resale and (2) any deficiency between your original purchase price and the resale price.
17. Picking Up Your Items: You are solely responsible for the safe and timely pick-up and removal of any items you may win at this auction. If you are unable to safely pick up and remove your items during the item pick up times that have been scheduled for this sale, PLEASE DO NOT BID. Unless stated otherwise the Auctioneer does neither ship, nor does the Auctioneer hold items beyond the published removal times. The Auctioneer will not issue you a refund if you are unable to pick up and safely remove your items during the published removal times.
- Bidder’s Duty to Remove Items Safely: Again, you are solely responsible for the safe pick-up, removal, and transportation of your items. You agree that the pick-up, removal, and transportation of your items will be solely at your expense and at your risk. You further agree that you will be responsible for any damage that you or any of your agents cause during any inspection or removal period, and also agree that the credit card associated with your online account will be charged for any expenses incurred and/or repairs necessary as a result of any damage that you cause.
- Release Upon Presentation of Receipt: You understand and agree that the Auctioneer will release your items only after you or your agent presents a sales receipt generated by the Auctioneer stating that your account is paid in full. You further understand and agree that it is your duty to ensure that any agent picking up items on your behalf has a copy of your paid sales receipt to present at the pick-up location. You explicitly authorize the Auctioneer to release your items to any person in possession of your paid sales receipt. No item will be released to any person unless that person presents a paid sales receipt listing the item in question.
- Abandonment: You understand and agree that any item that you do not pick up during the published removal times will be considered abandoned. You understand and agree that you will be charged a reasonable fee for the storage, removal, and/or disposal of any item that is considered abandoned.
18. Disposal of Unclaimed Items: In the event you refuse to pay for or abandon any item that you win at auction, the Auctioneer will have the option of reselling, removing, storing, or disposing of the unpaid or abandoned item. You understand and agree that you will be personally responsible for all deficiencies including all legal, collection, transportation, and storage expenses associated with your delinquent account and/or abandoned items. In the event of resale, you agree to pay any cost associated with the resale as well as any deficiency between your original purchase price and the resale price.
19. Non-Delivery: In the unusual event that an item has been totally misdescribed or is unavailable for pickup during the published removal times, you must immediately notify the Auctioneer’s onsite staff of the problem and file a claim for non-delivery within twenty-four hours. You understand and agree that if you fail to make a claim for non-delivery within twenty-four hours of your discovering the problem, your claim for non-delivery will not be honored. Claims for non-delivery may be filed by replying to the e-mail that informed you of your winning binds. Your claim must fully describe the nature of the problem that you have identified.
20. Claims and Choice of Venue: Any claim or controversy out of or relating to these Terms and Conditions, or to any breach thereof, will be settled either (1) in Clay County, Missouri’s Small Claims Court, if the claim in question amounts to less than $5,000, or (2) by means of arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association, if the claim in question amounts to more than $5,000. In the event of arbitration, judgments upon the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court having jurisdiction. You agree that all claims will be litigated or arbitrated on an individual basis, and will not be consolidated with any claim made by another party. Venue in every case will be Clay County, Missouri. You agree that any judgments awarded may be applied to and collected from you personally or corporately. Should any party file an action contrary to this paragraph, the counterparty may recover reasonable legal fees and costs. Further, if you bring a claim against the Auctioneer and do not prevail, you agree that you will reimburse the Auctioneer for all reasonable legal fees and costs.
21. Interim or Preliminary Relief: Notwithstanding the contents of Paragraph 22 of these Terms and Conditions, you agree that the Auctioneer may seek interim or preliminary relief in a court having jurisdiction in order to protect any rights or property that the Auctioneer may have pending arbitration or litigation.
22. Liability: In all cases, the Auctioneer’s liability, and the liability of the seller of the items in this auction, will be limited to the refund of your purchase price. The Auctioneer will not be liable for any amount in connection with the postponement or cancellation of this auction, or the withdrawal of any item or lot from this auction. In no event will the Auctioneer be liable for lost profits or any special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with this auction or any related sale or transaction.
- No Liability for the Acts of Third Parties: The Auctioneer is not responsible for any action taken by any seller, bidder, or other third party before, during, or after this auction.
- No Liability for Site Malfunction: You understand that this auction is online-only, and so relies on devices and programs that may malfunction without warning. You agree that the Auctioneer will not be liable for any error or inconvenience that may be the result of such a malfunction. You further understand and agree that the Auctioneer may void or suspend any sale, or resell any item, if the Auctioneer determines a transaction to have been affected by any site malfunction.
23. Indemnification: You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Auctioneer and its employees, officers, owners, affiliates, agents, and representatives from and against any claims, losses, damages, liabilities, judgments, fees, costs, and expenses, including reasonable legal fees and costs, related to, arising from, or associated with you, your agents or representatives including, but not limited to, personal injury or property damage caused at any sales site or during removal or transportation of items won at auction, any dispute with another bidder, or any violation of these Terms and Conditions.
24. Limitations: These Terms and Conditions do not, nor are they intended to create any agency, partnership, joint venture, employer-employee, or franchisor-franchisee relationship. These Terms and Conditions cannot be altered except in writing by the Auctioneer.
25. Severability: If any term, provision, paragraph, condition, or other portion of this agreement, or the application of these, to any person, place, or circumstance, is held to be invalid, unenforceable, or void, the remainder of this agreement and such term, provision, covenant or condition as applied to other persons, places and circumstances will remain in full force and effect.
26. Governing Law: These Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Missouri.
27. Entire Agreement: These Terms and Conditions contain our entire agreement and supersede any prior oral or written agreements relating to the same subject matter.