GONE! Condo Auction: 3 Bedroom, 3 Bath “San Francisco Tower” Double Unit | Kansas City, MO
Ended: 11/09/17 at 3:00 PM CDT
2510 Grand Blvd. #2301-2302, Kansas City, MO 64108 (San Francisco Tower)
Enjoy 2,166 sq. ft. on the 23rd floor! Last listed at $450,000; Seller’s auction reserve only $225,000!
Originally a 2BR unit and a 1BR unit, this 2,166 sq ft “blank canvas” residence on the 23rd floor of the iconic San Francisco Tower has endless possibilities. Ready for updating or renovation to your desired floor plan. Two decks, expansive views, and fantastic amenities, including enclosed walkways to shopping, dining and entertainment. Bidding opens at the seller’s reserve of only $225,000. (Last listed for $450,000)
Master Bedroom: Wall of windows facing east.
Master Bath: Full sized shower with body spray features. Built-in ironing station. Full sized washer and dryer.
Hall Bath: Tiled shower, storage, single vanity.
Study/Former Bedroom: Wall of windows to the east. Currently open to the living room with walk-in closet configured for entry hall access.
Living Room: Floor-to-ceiling windows. Balcony to the south.
Kitchen: Solid surface counters, tile floor, oak cabinets with lazy Susans, roll-out shelves, and brushed nickel hardware. Appliances stay.
Breakfast Room: Wall of windows to the south
Formal Dining/Original Bedroom: Wall of windows to the south.
Full Bath: Shower/tub combo. Original stacked W/D hookups.
Bedroom/Original 2302 Kitchen: Wall of windows to the south.
Family Room/Office: Currently configured with cherry custom built-in style cabinetry. Balcony to the south.
FEATURES of the UNIT(S)
2,166 square feet to work with
Sweeping 23rd floor views from every room
Two full decks (6×12 each)
Wood parquet floors throughout
Full size washer & dryer
Multiple closets including cedar
2 additional storage units
- Sells to the highest online bidder over low $225,000 reserve! (Last listed at $450,000)
- Double unit: 2301 (1,251sf) and 2302 (915sf)
- Numerous amenities (see separate list) + storage lockers and covered parking
- 2017 Monthly HOA: 2301 = $874/mo; 2302 = $700/mo
- 2016 Taxes: $6833
- Shown by appointment
- Online bidding ends November 9th
THE SAN FRANCISCO TOWER LIFESTYLE
- CONVENIENCE… Unique shopping, dining, and entertainment are all within walking distance. Climate-controlled walkways provide access to Crown Center, Union Station, and more.
- AMENITIES… Owners enjoy tennis, swimming, work-out facilities, a private 1.5 acre strolling park, club room, 28th floor deck, storage lockers and more. Covered secure parking is available and the building offers 24/7 security and attendant service.
- LOCATION… Located in the Crown Center Complex in the heart of Kansas City, residents benefit from easy access to downtown, Country Club Plaza, River Market, Crossroads Arts District, Power & Light, the street car, and more.
- VIEWS… The 23rd floor affords sweeping views of iconic Kansas City vistas including Liberty Memorial. Enjoy the views outside on two private decks or the 28th floor public deck.
In the ongoing growth of high-rise living in Kansas City, the venerable San Francisco Tower remains one of the area’s most sought-after addresses. Its prime location, wonderful amenities, and soaring presence continue to set the standard in our area. After owning this double unit for 38 years, our seller has moved and is ready for someone to bring a new vision to this wonderful home. She has set the auction reserve at only half of the last list price! Whether you choose to move right in, renovate to your tastes, or divide the two units, this is a tremendous opportunity. Log on, bid, and make it your own!
Options & Choices!
- Use the square footage to create your perfect floor plan. Open it up. Configure it to your lifestyle. Take advantage of the views. Build your dream kitchen. The possibilities are endless!
- Skip the renovations and simply update the kitchen and baths.
- Move right in and start enjoying the lifestyle immediately.
- Split the two units into the original 1BR and 2BR units. Then…
- Renovate; sell or rent both
- Renovate; live in one and sell or rent the other
- Sand the floors and stain them an elegant ebony.
- Maximize the simple clean lines as gallery walls to display fine art. Add custom lighting.
- Utilize window seats to capture extra storage and have seating options to take in the views.
- Take out part or all of the east kitchen wall to open it to the living room.
- Expand the master bedroom suite by moving the south wall to the location of the original wall between the study and living room. The master bath could be expanded to encompass the hall bath.
- Remove part or all of the entry hall closet (1301) to have a grand entrance with instant views.
- Combine the kitchen, breakfast room and formal dining room into an open concept kitchen/dining space.
- Expand the family room and add a wet bar in the location of original 1302 kitchen.
- Add bedroom/suites using the study, family room, and/or formal dining room.
- And so much more! Bring your designer with you to take a look.
NEW TO AUCTION? 3 Quick Tips:
- Research the property and auction terms at www.CatesAuction.com. Enjoy the photo gallery and be sure to download the “Property Information Package.”
- Schedule your private showing by calling 816-781-1134.
- Register online and begin bidding!
Can’t wait for the auction? Make an offer now! All pre-auction offers must be on the same terms as the auction and will be presented to the seller for a response. Call 816-781-1134 or email Sold@CatesAuction.com for details and forms.
“ONLINE ONLY” REAL ESTATE BIDDING
AUCTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Proper and complete online registration is required to bid. All bidders must provide name, address, phone number, and email address to register. A credit card (MC, Visa or Discover) is required to actually place a bid on the property. The credit card will be validated before bidding access is granted, but is not a recognized form of payment of the deposit or purchase price. Should a Winning Bidder fail to complete the contract signing process, the required deposit will be charged to the credit card provided at registration. By registering, all bidders acknowledge having read and agree to be bound by the Auction Terms and Conditions. Bidders may register prior to, or during the bidding period. At registration bidders are given the option of receiving emails confirming their individual bids and/or when they are outbid.
All bidding in this auction is being conducted online. (If you need assistance placing a bid or prefer to submit a bid in person, please call our office for assistance. 816-781-1134) To place a bid, bidders enter their “maximum” bid and click the “Place Bid” button. Each time that bidder is outbid by another bidder, the system will automatically bid on their behalf at the established bid increments up to their maximum. In the case of an auction with a reserve, if the max bid amount entered is less than the reserve, the system will place the bid at the max amount. Once the system displays that the reserve has been met, then it will advance the bid (by the bid increments) only when the bidder is outbid by another bidder, up to the bidders max. The Auctioneer does not know any bidder’s maximum bid. The system will not advance a bidder’s own bid. Online-only auctions utilize the “Soft Close” feature that automatically extends the bidding time if a bid is received in the last 2 minutes of the published bidding period. The extensions will continue until 2 minutes have lapsed without any bidding activity, at which time the auction is concluded.
A buyer’s premium of ten percent (10%) of the high bid shall be added to that bid and included in the total purchase price to be paid by the successful bidder(s).
Sample calculation — High bid = $50,000
Buyer’s Premium = $ 5,000 (10% of 50,000)
Total purchase price = $55,000
Financing is not a contingency of sale in this offering. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that potential bidders ensure in advance that they are able to obtain the necessary financing to close the transaction.
At the conclusion of the auction the Winning Bidder will receive an email and/or phone call confirming his or her winning bid status. In this or a subsequent email the Winning Bidder will receive a link to sign all documents electronically along with wiring instructions for submitting the required earnest money deposit to the named title company.
Should the electronic processes described above be unavailable, alternative arrangements will be made. In any event, the contract signing and deposit payment process must be completed by noon on the day following the auction conclusion. A Winning Bidder whose documents and deposit are not received within the required timeframe is subject to paying a liquidated damages amount equal to the down payment (charged to the credit card used at registration) and will not be allowed to bid in any future Cates Auction & Realty auction events. Note that property-specific purchase documents are available prior to the auction end date and any professional reviews of such documents should be undertaken PRIOR to bidding. All final bids are subject to Seller’s reserve, unless advertised otherwise. Any property with a high bid exceeding the Seller’s reserve will be declared “sold” by the Auctioneer. In instances where the seller’s reserve was not met in the auction, the signed contract and accompanying deposit will be presented to the Seller for approval, which shall be given or denied in the Seller’s sole discretion within 5 business days. If approval is denied, all documents and the deposit will be returned immediately.
DOWN PAYMENT (DEPOSIT):
The Winning Bidder shall be required to make an earnest money down payment equal to five percent (5%) of the total purchase price. This deposit must be received by wire transfer (or by certified funds), by close of business the day following the bidder being declared the Winning Bidder. Winning Bidders whose documents and deposit are not received within the required timeframe are subject to paying a liquidated damages amount equal to the down payment (charged to the credit card used at registration) and will not be allowed to bid in any future Cates Auction & Realty auction events.
The Winning Bidder shall close within 30 days of the auction date, unless stated differently in the Purchase Agreement.
EVIDENCE OF TITLE:
Seller shall furnish at seller’s expense an Owner’s Policy of Title Insurance in the amount of the total purchase price and shall execute a general warranty deed conveying the real estate to the buyer(s).
REAL ESTATE TAXES & ASSESSMENTS:
2017 taxes are to be prorated as of the closing date.
EASEMENTS AND LEASES:
Sale of said property is subject to any and all easements of record and any and all leases.
Cates Auction & Realty Co., Inc. and its representatives are Exclusive Agents of the Seller.
A commission of 3% of the high bid (unless a different percentage is stated in the property’s MLS listing) will be paid to any properly licensed Broker who registers a successful buyer according to the appropriate Broker Participation Agreement. This form is available from the Auction Company and must be completed and returned no later than 48 hours prior to the auction end date.
DISCLAIMERS AND ABSENCE OF WARRANTIES:
The information in the auction advertising was obtained from sources believed to be accurate, but is subject to verification by all parties relying on it. All sketches and dimensions are approximate. No liability for its accuracy, errors or omissions is assumed by the Seller or the auction company. All bidders are responsible for conducting their own inspections, investigations, inquiries and due diligence concerning the property. The property is being offered on an “AS IS”, “WHERE IS” basis and no warranty or representations, expressed or implied, is made by the Seller or the auction company. All information contained in the advertising and all related materials are subject to the terms and conditions outlined in the purchase agreement. The Auctioneer reserves the right to bid on behalf of the Seller up to, but not beyond the Seller’s reserve (if applicable). This property is available for and subject to sale prior to auction.
As exclusive agents for the Seller, the Auctioneer has a fiduciary obligation to present any and all offers to the Seller. Therefore, all properties are subject to pre-auction sales. Pre-auction offers must meet all auction terms and be submitted to the Auctioneer on the Real Estate Sale Contract along with the required deposit. Properly submitted offers will be presented to the Seller, who may accept or reject such offer in their sole and absolute discretion.
We hope you enjoy bidding in the online auction!