Your real estate is likely your most valuable personal or professional asset. You have important decisions to make when it comes to maximizing that asset through a sale. Most turn to the familiar, traditional, route, but for many there’s an alternative that provides a better solution. Enlightened property owners explore all the selling options to be sure they’ve chosen the method that best meets their unique needs.
For some, that method is accelerated auction marketing. If you’re looking for a straightforward method for efficiently achieving true market value, auction your house, land or commercial property instead.
Since 1942, Cates Auction has served as the premier auction house in Kansas and Missouri, specializing in getting results for real estate sellers. If you’re wondering how to put a house, tract of land, or commercial building up for sale in Kansas City and ensure the best possible price on YOUR schedule and terms, look no further than a real estate auction marketed and conducted by Cates Auction.
What Makes Auctions a Superior Choice?
Real estate auctions are an important alternative and an attractive method for selling your home, land or commercial property. While most sellers are less familiar with auctions than ordinary sales, there are a wide variety of benefits to an auction sale, including:
- Date Certainty: A real estate auction takes place on the date you choose. We do accelerated, individual marketing of properties in order to attract quality bidders. You know exactly when those buyers will compete and when your property will sell so you can plan your life accordingly
- Speed: There’s no need to put your property on the market and wait indefinitely for someone to express interest. Properties exposed to auction marketing sell in 30 days or less, reducing the hassle and carrying costs of an open-ended listing.
- Simplicity: At auction, your property sells in “as is” condition so there’s no additional work for you to do. Because there are no contingencies allowed, buyers can’t put more requirements on you or additional conditions on their bids. Their deposit is non-refundable so they are highly motivated to close as agreed. There’s no simpler way to sell!
- Urgency: Your marketing plan has added impact because of the urgency an auction evokes. We use numerousmarketing channels, including direct mail, digital advertising, email, signage, online marketing, open houses, newspaper ads and more, to be sure every prospective buyer is engaged and prepared to bid.
- True Competition: While you may receive several offers through an ordinary “sign in the yard” listing , auction marketing creates massive exposure, brings all potential buyers into the process, and culminates in a competition among buyers. You simply sell to the highest bidder on the terms you’ve set.
- Price Realization: Your home or land is worth what the person who wants it the most is willing to pay. When you guess at how to price your property you run the risk of asking too much and thwarting the sale or asking too little and leaving money on the table. A real estate auction lets accelerated marketing and buyer competition surface the person willing to pay more than anyone else — true market value. Plus, the buyer at the auction pays all the commissions!
- Control: While traditional, negotiated sales often mean months of uncertainty, an auction ensures you remain in control of the process. On the date you select your real estate sells “as is” and without contingencies. You can build your finances, organizing, packing and moving schedules accordingly.
Why Choose Cates Auction?
Since 1942, we’ve been Kansas City’s premier auction firm. We have an in-depth understanding of the complex real estate market and we know how to get the best value for our clients’ assets. The secret to our success is our team of knowledgeable, experienced real estate professionals who work in concert to meet your unique needs.
Beyond marketing and auctioning your real estate we’re happy to liquidate contents, equipment, collections or anything else to help facilitate your transition. Our auction terms and conditions help you sell your home quickly and effeciently. Let Cates Auction & Realty be your partner in a smooth and pain-free sale!
Start the process today by filling out our free property analysis form.