At Cates Auction Real Estate Company, we understand that some property owners have a need to sell the contents of their home or facility along with the physical structure and/or surrounding land. That’s why we offer personal property auction services in conjunction with our real estate auction services. If you choose us to help you sell your residential or commercial property or land, you also have the opportunity to sell your personal property at auction.
Our personal property auctions provide an excellent way for homeowners to sell unneeded contents, business owners to get cash for their assets and owners of farmland to receive payment for equipment.
What Personal Property Auction Services Are Available to Our Real Estate Clients?
While our specialty remains real estate sales in Kansas City and beyond, we continue to offer personal property auction services exclusively to our real estate auction clients, just as we have for more than 70 years. While the methods have changed over the years, the value of the service hasn’t. Here’s how it works:
- Your personal property auction is scheduled in coordination with your real estate sale to maximize your advertising opportunities and minimize your hassle.
- After you’ve eliminated items that will not be sold, our staff catalogs all items, dividing them into appropriate “lots” and adding descriptions and photos.
- The catalog is uploaded and buyers have approximately 2 weeks to bid on all items online.
- The online personal property auction is completed after the real estate auction ends, with winning bidders picking up their items shortly thereafter, to be sure the real estate is ready for closing.
- Item ending times are staggered to make it easier for bidders to buy multiple items and we utilize a “soft close” feature to ensure all bids are captured. (If someone bids just before an item closes, the ending time extends until no additional bids are placed.)
Unsure about selling real estate at auction? We’re happy to answer all your questions and help you determine if this is the right strategy for you. Just fill out the Free Property Auction Analysis form and we’ll follow up with you right away. If you want immediate answers to common questions, feel free to use this resource covering frequently asked questions about real estate auctions.
Special note to BUYERS: If you like shopping estate sales in Kansas City, you’ll love bidding in our personal property auctions and seeing sales in progress!